Sunday, January 2, 2011

WOAH?!?!?! Welcome to Montana... we didnt think you would survive the drive

The longest travel day I have ever had minus the time I went to Capetown South Africa. I can believe I did this, here is the breakdown: stay up all night and party with my friends in mass, depart party at 3:30am, drive to Logan International arrive at 3:45, stand in line to check my bags until 4:45, somehow made my flight at 5:15 (I had to cut the line and race through security) flew to Dallas and chilled. Flights delayed chilled some more. After 3 hrs realized I left my jacket on the other plane, ran back to the other terminal found it on the ground by the desk (HOLY CRAP DID NOT EXPECT THAT!) RAD ok so ran back and my flight was boarding. awesome. 


Land in Denver at 1:15 (only an hour late). My board bag didn't make the fight, wait an extra hour or my bag good got it. Next i have to hop a bus into Denver and meet up with this kid who is friends with Conor. watched a dvd in his new house, got some grub at this sick mexican joint called Little Anitas. Then drove myself back to the Denver airport with the Shreddy Times vehicle. Waited a few hours for the Toumarkines to show up. They got off their only slightly delayed flight at 11:15pm.

We all packed the car full with little room for anything else and started our treacherous drive. the roads are snowy, icy and visibility is about 20 feet. at 4am we had had enough, pulled over and called it a night at a motel. settled in started coughing, after about an hour of sleep i wake up to find my nose had been bleeding for a minute. blood all over my pillow and the sheets. woke up got cleaned up and flipped the pillow. In the morning I gave the attendant $20 and said sorry about the sheets. 9am day two of traveling begins. We start driving again only to find that some of the roads are only half covered in snow and some are totally covered in ice. It took us a long and terrifying 18hrs to get to our hotel in Choteau, Montana, and oh yeah did I mention its New Years Eve?


We arrive in Choteau at 10:45 pm, this gave Conor and I 15 minutes to get our bags inside and rid our selves of the stink we had attained from a 18hr car ride and 1 stop at McDonalds before the next 45 minute bus ride to the mountain showed up. Flash forward through nearly an hour of chugging beers in the back of a VERY bumpy bus ride, on icy roads, speeding over 65 mph around corners, and meeting 3 other poor souls in that retched environment. We find ourselves in a 'lodge'/small bar which was about the size of our home in Tahoe City, and just barley do we realize this when we hear 10.. 9.. 8.. oh shit we made it Conor! HAPPY NEW YEARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! Welcome to Montana.

No comments:

Post a Comment