Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas on the east, oh what a beast

Got home and didn't stop I had to leave. The east coast is always gonna be home and I know that now, Once I got back I went to Killington for a premiere then rode Mt Snow the next day then loon the day after that. my mum missed me so much she came to pick me up at loon (a 3 hr drive) cus I hadn't even been to my house or seen any of my family yet.

The day after loon was Christmas eve so I went for a few laps at good old Lost Valley and finished wrapping the gifts I got for my family. Then made some sugar cookies with my aunt and went to Christmas eve mass. When I woke up in the morning I found a new avalanche beacon, shovel and probe awaiting me under the tree. My mum hooked it up this year so I can go get taught a few lessons by Mother Nature in the backcountry and not die while I learn, THANKS MUM!

The day after Christmas I went back to Loon for the annual ReLOONion which was a rad time! all sorts of friends showed up and it was good to see everybody. Next was a sunrise handrail in NH with Nevins and Hallowell and then another in ME all before my 1pm dentist appointment.  That night I finally rode street in my hometown of Augusta, ME with my buddies dad Eric shooting photos. I had been waitingto do that for years.

To round it off I had a nice down day at home with my fam and then a 5am flight to head west toward Montana. Never once stopped to smell the roses but they always smell the same so I'm not hurting about it. I'd rather see my friends and just live life to the fullest :) I think I did that on this trip. Thankyou everyone!



 
Special Thanks to the photographers: Eric Peterson, Gus Noffke, Katie Doner and Brian Nevins.

Brian's photos are posted on the Get In The Van website in the story labeled 'Seacoast Session'

No comments:

Post a Comment