Sunday, May 8, 2011

Bend, Oregon: day 1- the long drive...

I have gathered up my life and prepared to move, once again...everything I own. I have put things in a storage locker, I have packed up my bags and I have said goodbyes, but whats wrong here? I am only leaving Tahoe for a week to head to Super Park in Bend Oregon. why do I need to move out? Because the week after i get back from SP15 I leave for Alyeska, AK for four more weeks.


The drive today was quick and painless at only 444 miles in 8 and 1/2 hours. Saw some scenery, saw some people but not many, oh and the wildlife; a small bird hit my grill (mind you I cleaned the last dead bird off my grill only 2 days ago, it had been there all winter), I saw a hawk and a bunch of bugs are now visiting my windshield in the most unpleasant manner for the last few seconds of their existence. There was also a miniature dust storm in my car, the brunt of which was felt by my Co-Pilot who can't drive my standard Jeep named Trip Brown. Being the good co-pilot he has allowed me to stay in his hotel room. I am stoked for the first day of SP15 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment