Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Driving back to Maine, just because

Cross country drives are long, they are costly, they are bad for your vehicle and they can be more physically demanding than most would guess. None of these are good reasons to drive cross country, so why am I doing it? I want to see more of this country which I call home, and a little bit of our neighbor to the north. Yellowstone, Bear Tooth Pass, Badlands, Detroit, Toronto, Niagara Falls and to finish it off I will arrive at my home in Maine.

My girlfriend of 4 months, Cheyanne, will be joining me when I pass through Wisconsin. She started her drive a week before me with her roommate from school Kaila, who hails from WI. She has never been to the falls or Canada so this will certainly be a great part of the trip for her. I, on the other hand, have been to Canada before not to say its not exciting but the part of this journey which I am most interested in is the solo section at the start. Its a 12 hour drive from Tahoe to Yellowstone, I don't expect to stop for much other than gas along the route. its an adventure though so who knows. So, here I go, wish me luck, this is going to be a long journey and hopefully a fun, rewarding and eye opening experience which will create memories that last a life-time.... or it could just be a miserable trudge through the northern half of our country, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment